Seeking deeper, more authentic connections?
Join a SpiritGroup
What is a SpiritGroup?
A SpiritGroup is a group of 3 to 12 people from all walks of life who meet weekly in one of the member's homes (or another location outside church) for the purpose of sharing in authentic, conscious community. While SpiritGroups may be focused around a special interest, such as conscious parenting, spiritual entrepreneurship, science and spirituality, and addiction/recovery, they don't have to be! In our experience, when we gather in Spirit, member diversity can end up being one of the most powerful, transformative, and healing aspects of our time together! Groups maintain a safe, sacred space of love and trust by placing "principles over personalities" and consciously practicing the Five Spiritual Disciplines described below.
Stay up to date on forming groups by joining our Unity Temple SpiritGroups Facebook Group!
The FIVE Spiritual Disciplines of Healthy SpiritGroups
- Communion (or Communal Practice): Each group includes some form of practice for "communion" with Spirit. Usually, this means affirmative prayer, mindfulness, and/or meditation
- Connection: Each group devotes time each meeting to building authentic, quality connections with one another within the group.
- Compassion: Each group member is called to help take care of other members in the group (checking in on each another, making sure everyone has a ride to church, letting our ministers know if someone is in the hospital, etc.).
- Community: Each SpiritGroup is required to participate in some form of community service during their 6-week (or longer) commitment to be together.
- Challenge: Each group member is invited to select one or more areas of "challenge" or growth during their time together, and members support one another in that growth by serving as accountability partners.